Damage to a rented cottage

You’re renting a great cottage for your vacation, and all you want to do is have a good soak in the whirlpool tub. You’re distracted for a few seconds and it overflows! Does your home insurance policy cover this kind of damage which you accidentally caused?

The answer is yes. In general, in the case of a cottage you’re renting, civil liability coverage is included in your home insurance policy, but only for certain types of damage. They include water damage, as well as damage caused by fire, an explosion or smoke.

Contact your insurer to find out the coverage details.



Be prepared.
Download the Joint Report application!