Fender bender: To declare or not declare?

Whether you decide to claim or not, you must inform your insurer if you're involved in an accident. 

It's possible that the other driver involved reports the accident to his insurer. In this case, even if you don't file a claim, the accident could be registered in your file in the Fichier central des sinistres automobiles (FCSA) claim-tracking database. That means that the only version recorded in your claims file will be the version reported by the insurer of the other driver involved in the accident. 

Better report the accident yourself to your insurer and have your version of the facts recorded in your file. What if you declare the accident to your insurer and receive no indemnity? The insurer will record the accident in your file and state that no indemnity was paid.


Be prepared.
Download the Joint Report application!